Monday, 29 May 2017

Garden updates

I have been at a loss what to do with my frontgarden.
Parts of it has been coveredd in cobblestone and I am so pleased with the outcome. I wanted a flowerbed, where there has been a flowerbed, but I had to dig it away, due to it beeing too close to the housefoundation, in fact it was attached to it. And it is not wise to have a flowerbed that covers the whole foundation, it leads dampness and adds to the risks of moisture damage. So I dig it away,


The flowerbed can be seen right behind me. It had a frame of concrete.


So I dig the flowerbed away and parts of the frame, I thought it would eventually just blend in. To be honest I didn't think, and the outcome was really messy and very hard to keep tidy. And something that annoyed me every single day when I came home! So I had to do do something. Last summer I tried planting many many plants and flowers, but no, the leftovers of the frame was far too obvious and ugly!

This is where I started on friday. With the help of my darling we managed to remove the rest of the frame.


And I tidied the flowers and added cobblestone. I shall lay cobblestone down to the stairs.

This will be easier to keep tidy. I want something easy and tidy, as I need to continue working on my renovation, but I still want it to look nice when I come home. I want to stop cursing everytime I come home! I bought a smaller trellis in rusty metal for a climbing rose.


On saturday me and L attended the World Village festival in Helsinki.
We wanted to catch Viitasen Piia, a finnish singer-songwriter. She was really wonderful. Here is a peacesong, Rauhan laulu.

We ate wonderful food, there are so many foodstalls to choose from, so many different cuisines. I bumped into many old friends, fun!

We were so tired we fell asleep on the bus home. So many impressions, happy souls.

New week ahead again. Enjoy. Love.

No comments: