Monday, 8 May 2017

Renovation update

I have again continued my renovation.
I wanted to make small changes to the facade, but was at a loss at first what the changes would be.
After many different plans and many changes, I ended up with following plans, I changed the shape of the endings of the top panel of each window. This work is still in progress (I have only worked on the downstairswindows). The endings have been a sharp pointed cut (as you can see in the atticwindow), so I chopped the end off, and it is in my opinion more accurate to the age of the house than the previous solution. I have grinded the surface and painted all windowpanes, this work is also still in progress.
Then I added a pair of flowers to the frontfacade window. The originals are from the Lovisa railwaystation that was dismantled in 1970, despite opposition from residents. There was an auction apparently, and a lady who owned a house in Fredsby in Lovisa, won the auction for the flower decorations. They still decorate the hosue. I have always loved that house. Then I heard the story about the flowerdecorations and a small seed began to grow. One thing led to another...I ended up contacting the current owner of the house and asked for his opinion and permission on me copying the flowers for my house. He was very happy and invited me over. Then my brother helped me saw the flowers and I painted them. My darling helped me attach the flowers to the facade and voilá, here is my house Lilla Ljuva:


I also decided to paint my door blue. You see, when I was moving to Lovisa, I fell in love with a house that had blue doors. It was too big for my needs though. And out of my pricerange. It was for sale for a long time in my neighborhood, a really nice couple bought it a few years ago.
For some reason I kept dreaming about a house with blue doors, it had no certain shape but always had blue doors. I have plans to have a backdoor, I even have a permission to have it done and I actually have a door for this purpose. I shall paint that door blue aswell. So you see, I now have a house with blue doors...or almost. I had not planned painting the door, but the dream kept occuring so I just gave in. And it turned out great, as if it had always been blue. Dreams are funny. 

On thursday I had the honor of being the host at the70th jubilee of our Community college,  Lovisa svenska medborgarinstit and Valkon opisto. 



So proud of our local community college. And honoured to have been given this task. 

May has been kind and generous with wonderful spring weather, but now it turned slightly chilly. 
I hope life treats you well. Love and love!

No comments: