Thursday, 25 May 2017

Wind chimes and funerals

I made a wind chimes of vintage spoons as a gift.
I liked it so much I made one for myself aswell, hih!
It has a very mild cling to it, which is lovely.


Today our former president Mauno Koivisto was buried. He was given a state funeral. In my opinion it was beautiful and respectful. I cried when Jorma Hynninen and Cantores Minores choir sang Veteraanin iltahuuto.  When they sang my favorite hymn Sua kohti herrani I was sobbing loudly!
Here is a fine picture by Hans Paul, this is how I remember Mauno Koivisto. I used to bump into him many mornings when I walked to work. And I always greeted him, and he greeted me back.
My parents attended the Independence ball during his presidential period. They said he and his wife Tellervo were very warm and common.


 Forever remembering Mauno Henrik Koivisto 1923-1917.

No comments: