Sunday, 25 June 2017

A certain someone is on holiday

It has been good to have some time off.

I spent a day in Helsinki. First I met my friend Iida, we had coffee at the marketplace. A very finnish tradition, there are these café-tents and you sit either outdoors or inside the tent. It was raining, so we sat indoors.

Then I headed to meet my friend Malin, whom I spent the rest of the day with. We first attended a thank you -party, we had vegan waffles and sat in the backyard among urban farming boxes. We then headed towards the sea, we wanted to check out a design market and bumped into old friends. It was good to stroll along, talk and look at buildings and talk some more. Stop and wonder over how funny we people are, and then have a looooooong coffe, meeting even more friends and then having dinner and eventually catch the last bus home. I sat on the bus, my heart filled with gratitude. It is vital to have friends you can hang out with. The hanging out bit is so important, to not have a busy schedule.
I am still processing some of the things we talked about, it is all about reflections, trust and love.


I have been craving for a good read. Most books I've read lately have been ok-ish, nothing that makes my heart flicker. So then I got my hands on Stoner (by John Williams) and boy was I sold! I could not let go. I read it all in once. The last few hours when I knew it was coming to an end, I was aching more and more. And the last ten minutes I cried. I had to lay the book beside me at times, and cry. And then continue. I warmly recommend.

Midsummer has now passed. I baked Brita cake, I always do. It is something my mother did at midsummer. Very appreciated!
In the early evening I made toast Skagen and we enjoyed sparkling wine. We cykled down to the shore to have a few beers and dance. We met friends and after a few hours we felt it was time to head home.


 Yesterday I again cykled down to the shore to listen to some latino-rhytms at restaurang Saltbodan. After the first set my mister arrived and we had dinner at the restaurant. I had a lovely bouillabaisse and a glass of dry white wine. For desert we had huge pieces of chocolate cake. We cycled home stuffed and happy.

Holiday bliss dear friends! Take care! Mucho looooove to all!

No comments: