Sunday, 16 July 2017

Oh summer!

What a wonderful day, my friend Sanne (she is my neighbour) asked if I wanted to join her for an outing. We first drove to a fleamarket, we both made som fun finds and then we headed towards the sea. We parked the car and walked in the woods along a path and found our way to the cliffs and sat there talking and enjoying the beautiful day.

We did not swim as there was far too much blue-green algae, and it is not healthy. Oh poor Baltic sea, the state of it is appalling. With the St. Petersburg sewage directly into the Baltic sea it is no wonder it is polluted.

Oh, had a sweet memory on facebook today, our first trip abroad with my darling. We spent a week in lovely Corfu in the beginning of august. We booked the trip on the 16th of july 2014. I wrote about our fantastic holiday here. We were so excited. We were very happy there. It was so wonderful to get away, just the two of us. And the most perfect location.
We often recall the wonderful holiday we had. The spectacular view from our balcony, the evening walks, the food, the fun things we did. There was this wonderful restaurant where we actually dined quite a few times, they served delicious food and they were so friendly. It was one of those places you just find by coincidence, it was closed during the day and one evening we walked past it, it was all lit up and filled with flowers and full of guests. The street was a dark alley, there was nothing else but this small lovely restaurant. So we decided to wait for a table, as we felt we wanted to dine there. I am glad we waited as the food was just wonderful. Corfu is forever in our hearts. Maybe we will return one day.
This year we postpone our travels due to other fun things ahead.

Oh joy.  My bedroom is ready, Just need to hang curtains, I chose the same velvet curtains as I have in my living room.

Life is certainly good. I am grateful.
take care dear ones. Love. And even more love.


No comments: