Monday, 10 July 2017

Summer

The best thing was meeting a hedgehog in my garden! I heard all this russle in the bushes and suddenly I see this funny little creature. I so love hedgehogs, my favorite animals. I hope it returns.

Another wonderful new thing for this summer has most definitely been the birdbath. Oh my what joy it brings. The birds splashing and being silly.

And looking at the swallows doing there evening flight training! They are fast, they are like something from a star wars movie. We have been gazing at the sky and feeling amazed.

The privilege of picking flowers from your own garden.


Peonies and roses.
The scale to the left is a christmas present from my darling, and the jug is something from my childhood home.

On friday evening we met up with our friends and had dinner at Saltbodan restaurant, we continued the evening by listening to some 20's jazz tunes, a charming little local band called Samamama performed. I saw their first gig in the winter, at rest. Bella and thought they were ever so charming, so when I saw the poster of the upcoming gig, I even made a mark in my calender. We had a lovely night out, cycled home with a smile on my face. Also due to a very sweet encounter. I noticed two persons looking at me, the girl smiled and I smiled back. After a while she came up to me and said she had never seen anyone so radiant and smiling, she said she loved my style and that they thought I was ihana, a lovely finnish word for wonderful or lovely. There I sat, with my darling next to me, and just melted. My darling whispered that she was right, you are lovely he said.
Of course it is fantastic to hear words like that and I am so grateful, it is so exceptional for people to actually come up to you, a stranger, and say that. We should do that more often. But mostly, give compliments to ourselves, love and accept ourselves.

There is a rather great TED talk over on youtube by Caroline McHugh (she is going on, a wee bit of wabble for a fair bit, so give it more than a few minutes and she will get to the point pretty soon!) about being yourself. Here.
She has a lovely way to talk, so take it as a gift, she will calm you. She will hopefully give a seed, to plant, how to be authentic, how to be yourself. She talks about approval addiction, something (according to Caroline, mostly women suffer from) and the need for approbation, to be liked. How important it is to become perception free, as we can never be perception-less. Be better of beeing yourself.
I have been thinking about the quote of Baroness Campbell, that "humility is NOT thinking less of yourself. Humility is thinking of yourself less."  
In my opinion something we should all take in and, especially in these times where everyone just talks about themselves. We takes selfies, and if we see a picture of ourselves, we comment on our looks, usually in a negative way. Well, I have to be honest, I NEVER do that. I never talk degrading about my looks or about myself. Why should I?
We are too obsessed with ourselves. And the perception of others. Why spend so much time on something you can never control? Be kind, be considerate, be loving and generous. Be honest and be genuine. It is what counts. I recommend. And step into a more loving and accepting life.

My dear friends, take care. Be yourselves. Love and love even more.

No comments: