Monday, 7 August 2017

August, my love

I love the month of august, the velvet nights, the starlit skies, it's still summer but we are heading towards autumn. Slowly.

Last night we attended Lovisa Peaceforum's last event, there was discussion about Nonviolent peaceforce, and how it is possible and the actual fieldwork. I do admire people who do this, it is when a violent conflict starts that these brave people stay and do not withdraw.
The evening ended in a Hiroshima memorial where we lay lanterns in the water, while wonderful Lauri Wuolio played handpan.



On friday we were in other moods. We attended Borgå popfest to listen to Bo Kaspers orkester. And it was great!!! My darling has not seen them live before, this was my third time. In the end there was a surprise-guest, they have collaborated with finnish singer Frida Andersson, they performed their hit Paradiset. They also did my favorite Håll ut.
We left after Bo Kasper's, there was a gig by finnish singer Kaija Koo after, but neither of us enjoy her music, so it was easy to take a walk along the beautiful river and take the bus home. 

On saturday I met up with 10 person whom have been so important in my life, my fellow companions from the Theatre academy. It is 20yrs since we became Masters of Arts. Four years we studied togetehr. Four very intense years.
We met at the peak of Observatorieparken and drank champagne in the sun and it felt just all natural to see everyone. Blimey, 20 yrs since graduation!
We walked to our eventplace that was a small theatre. On stage there was a table set for 11 persons and we had a lovely dinner. I cannot remember when I last laughed so much. We watched old photographs and a few films. Oh my, we were so young then. So innocent.
It was a great evening and we danced and until morning hours. I walked to Kronohagen as I stayed with my ex-husband for the night.
Below is a picture of me and Max. We shared a flat, me, Max and Carl-Gustaf. The best memories. They have both become such great friends, and what great flat mates they were. This picture is taken after a very very long weekend. We were dead tired. And the quality of the picture isn't exactly great, but I think it sort of goes well with how we felt.


Below is a picture taken 24 yrs later! Max and me!


So happy and proud how well we all have succeeded in life. They are all very dear to me.

Take care friends. Enjoy august and love!

No comments: